"Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you." - Arnold Palmer

Saturday 28 April 2012

How Not To Win The Won Ending ...

How not to win the won ending? Today I want to present one of my recent games which is very good example of above mentioned problem.
White gains strategically won position, alas, he doesn't find the way how to turn advantage into the victory.
Hope you will enjoy...


The game was influenced by time trouble and both players continued fighting after move 67...Nxc7, however, the score-sheet was not kept by anyone. White extended himself hoping for victory on time, Black queened the e-pawn, however, running out of time he just grabbed all White's pawns and having left 4 seconds to go he claimed draw.
That night I was scarred a bit because I thought that an apparition of GM Yuri Averbakh would come to haunt me ... and deservedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment