"Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you." - Arnold Palmer

Wednesday 19 October 2011

"If anything can go wrong, it will!"


This is my favourite quotation from a book of Arthur Bloch, a picture of which I added. The Sod's law if you prefer that.
Why I am writing that? Well as you may have read in my previous post, Lincolnshire played against Derbyshire last Saturday. I played on board 10 and I played terribly. And every player can give you thousands of reasons why he had played badly. In number of occasions just tons of lame excuses. Somebody humorously have said that he never ever had won with "fit & fresh" player.
Nevertheless, the last Saturday I tested whether it is possible to play chess when you  were "sleep deprived". Have you ever tried to play chess after two or three hours of sleep? I had this pleasure, however, if you think that the reason for that was something like a "Friday night fever" then you are wrong. Actually, I was on call that night and we had plenty of things to do, so I left my hospital about 7:30 am Saturday morning. The match started at 1:00 pm. And now I show you how I played.

No comments:

Post a Comment